Latest: 14 April 2021 on the CHC Training Package Update
The AISC meeting agenda published on Wednesday (see agenda here) shows the 2 qualifications from the CHC Community Services (Children’s Education and Care) which were not approved during the last meeting will be resubmitted for endorsement at the April 20th AISC meeting.
If the qualifications are approved during the meeting, we can expect to see the qualifications go live on training.gov.au within 1 to 2 months.
For those looking for the latest CHC qualifications, check out our product pages here:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support
- CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
After years of waiting, the update for the Children’s Education and Care training package is finally moving forward. It’s one of the biggest changes the package has seen in years encompassing multiple qualifications, units of competency, and skill sets.
If you’re delivering RTO materials for the related courses, keep yourself in the know so you can get ahead of the changes.
The full Case of Endorsement for the Children’s Education and Care submitted to the Australian Industry Skills Committee includes:
- 6 Revised Qualifications
- 32 Revised Units of Competency
- 3 New Units of Competency
- 6 Deleted Units of Competency
- 2 Revised Skill Sets
- 1 New Skill Set
- 3 Deleted Skill Sets
Overview of What’s Happening to the Children’s Education and Care Update
As of 23 February 2021, the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC) or the Committee has approved changes to four out of six qualifications and their corresponding units. The remaining unapproved qualifications undergo another round of revisions. Learn more about the latest meeting here.
The following qualifications have in-principle approval which means they have been approved by the Committee and will be referred to the Ministers for endorsement.
|Old Code||New Code|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care||CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care|
|CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support||CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support|
|CHC50213 Diploma of School Aged Education and Care||CHC50221 Diploma of School Age Education and Care|
|CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care||CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support|
The Case of Endorsement meeting has also seen two proposed qualifications and related units of competency not approved by the Committee. The following qualifications were rejected during the meeting and are subject to resubmission.
|Old Code||New Code|
|CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support||CHC40121 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care|
|CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care|
The Committee will work with the Industry Reference Committee to identify problems with the proposed qualifications above and resubmit them to the AISC. The Committee may meet out of session to ensure the training package is approved without further delays to the project.
Tips for RTOs Moving Forward
Here are some important things to keep in mind to help your RTO make the best out of the training package update:
- Plan your transition early. Better adapt to the changes to the course materials by having a transition plan in place as soon as possible. It is never too early to plan ahead when it comes to major changes like the Children’s Education and Care update.
- Secure the latest RTO training materials now. Securing the latest RTO materials only provides benefits to your organisation. When you get a head start on your transition, you’ll be able to get your money’s worth of the new resources and be one of the first to market the latest courses. Also, students actively seek out organisations with the latest version of the course materials they need. If you want to capitalise on the student demand, it’s best to get these RTO materials as soon as possible.
The good news is we’ve got heaps of 2021 Children’s Education and Care resources available for pre-order. Visit our online shop here! You can also contact 1300 626 556 or email email@example.com to learn more about the new CHC training package resources.
Browse the best online geek pranks and trick your classmates and colleagues!